Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Goes Too Quickly

Summer is winding down, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. I think there are too many things that I wanted to do, but they never really happened. I didn't get to enjoy my back porch nearly as much as I wanted to, so trees are starting to turn shades of bright red, as the flowers continue to bloom and disappear.

August means the hibiscus are slowly fading away....

And that soon the dahlias will have to be dug up and stored for winter....

But then I will have more time to make whole wheat blueberry pancakes....

And I'll have more time for sewing, which is always a plus for me. I've decided my winter project is to learn how to knit. Now crochet, crochet I can do. Granted, there is a lot of cursing and frustration associated with crocheting, but for some reason I still want to pick up a ball of yarn and just make it work.

Do you knit? Is it easier or harder than crochet?

1 comments:

The Brammers are Josh, Ashley, Julia, and our black pug, Kali. said...

To solve your back porch issues you should invite us over! ;) I started to learn to knit last winter. I figured out the most basic stich. I think I liked it better than crochet once I got used to it. I haven't knitted anything since I learned though. :( Maybe this winter.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always love reading what you have to say!