Sunday, November 29, 2009

Working here and there

I've been around.

Working here and there on different projects, most of them being Christmas presents that I can't show here. Well, I can't show here yet.

But this one is for a beautiful baby girl in Washington, DC.

I learned how to make these maverick stars here. They're quite addictive, so consider yourself warned.I put said stars in the "middle" of wonky log cabin blocks, and outlined them in orange. And, as usual, I had a supervisor, ready to step in should I need assistance.

I hadn't made sleeved pillow cases before, but it was a cinch, and I got to use up two blocks that otherwise would not have had a home. They were just a tad too big for the quilt, and I needed fronts for the pillows anyways, so I quilted them and attached a bright orange backing.
And now it's back to more Christmas sewing!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh wow. So so cool. I wonder if I might be able to make these pillows. I love the colors.

Jellybean Soup Company said...

I could put together a pillow making tutorial for you if you'd like! I do have a few scraps left, if you REALLY love the colors, maybe I'd send something your way for Christmas. :)

Chveya said...

beautiful!

Kate said...

Hello! I love love love this quilt. I'm expecting my first baby in July and would love to get started on this for her... would you say it's a very time-intensive pattern or not so bad? Also - any chance you'd share what you did to make your blocks. The wonky stars are so fun, but I think it's what you did with them that make the quilt so special!!

Thanks :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always love reading what you have to say!