Thursday, June 18, 2009

How does your garden grow?

I LOVE my "Elsa Spath" clematis. I have to say that it was one of those plants that was growing like a weed (oh wait, everything was) when we bought our place, and I had no idea what it was. A neighbor told me "oh, I think that has flowers on it or something". I decided not to rip it out of the ground and let it grow.

I'm really glad I did! There's nothing quite like a giant bouquet of purple flowers to welcome you home.

And I actually have pictures of quilt I finished! Of course I finished it in the car on the way to the baby shower, but that doesn't matter, right? And the pictures were taken at the shower after giving to the recipient, but I don't think she minded.

I've decided I'm quite a fan of the wonky long cabin blocks- I liked not trying to make them "perfect". I tried to make something neutral, since we don't know the sex of the baby, so I chose orange, yellow, green, and gray.

Now if only I could finish a project of my own!

1 comments:

ocmist said...

WOW! What gorgeous flowers! Hope all is going well with you, and you are still making those beautiful quilts! Linda (OC's Mom)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always love reading what you have to say!