Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And the Countdown Begins...

It's not too late to enter for the mini-family tree quilt-  I have had so much fun reading all of the comments and names you have left for me! I will choose and announce a winner on Friday, and then start your quilt on the long drive down to Memphis, Tennessee.  If anyone has any "you must go here" advice, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you for all of your advice on the sticker removal!  I received a few emails about using things such as peanut butter and olive oil too, but I decided to tempt fate with an ancient bottle of Goo-Gone.  I figured I would try it on one patch, and then try someone else's remedy on another patch.  

But, lo and behold, it worked, and it didn't even make the bright red color fade or run.  I still want to try all of the suggestions that were sent my way, and I'm sure I'll have the chance! After the disaster was averted, I cut up a few more scraps of fabric and sewed a couple of courthouse blocks:
And what's better to end a night of sewing with than a root beer float (in the dead of winter, mind you)?


But of course, there's someone who decided that all of the attention can't be on sewing and ice cream eating:

He's weird, but at least I'm pretty sure he knows it.

2 comments:

Nancy at the Farm said...

Hmmm, rootbeer floats... those sound delish! Could your cat bring some over to us today? We'll leave the door open..

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Anonymous said...

OMG! Your cat is IDENTICAL to mine. I wonder if they were separated at birth??? Too funny!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I always love reading what you have to say!